Everyone wants to perform at a high level.
Millions of dollars are spent every year on books, coaching, and other training by people seeking to perform better.
And yet, often what holds us back from top performance isn’t our skills, training, or equipment.
It’s in our head.
So what do you do about it? How do you make yourself a top performer – and control your own mindset in the process?
Todd Herman has the answer.
Todd is an author, performance advisor, and entrepreneur with over twenty years of experience assisting professionals increase production and achieve wildly outrageous goals. Todd’s new book The Alter Ego Effectis now a Wall Street Journal Best Seller.
The power of using an alter ego, Todd believes, is what can pull us out of a slump.
In this episode, Todd joins John to talk about adopting alter egos, how he came to his profession, and the time he met Bo Jackson.
In this episode, we also talk about:
Here’s a Glimpse of What You’ll Hear:
- The Difference Between Todd and the Typical Self-Help Guru
- Why Affirmations Sometimes Cause Depression
- What Todd Means by an Alter Ego
- How Todd’s Book The Alter Ego Effect Set a Record
- Why Todd is the Go-To Person for High-Profile Athletes
- Todd Didn’t Invent Alter Egos, it is a Part of Everyone
- Which Sides of the Brain We Need to Access for Alter Egos
- The Time Todd Met Bo Jackson
- Who Bo Jackson Used as an Alter Ego on the Football Field
- How Cicero Coined the Term Alter Ego
- Self-Doubt Can Inadvertently Become Part of Your Personality
- Humans Inherently Have Many Selves
- Why Todd Needed an Alter Ego
- The Power of Using an Alter Ego in Your Daily Life
- How to Be Concise When Telling Your Origin Story
- Clarity is the First Phase in Working at a High Level
- Developing a Theme for Your Origin Story
- Peak Performance is Found By Focusing on the Process, Not the Outcome
- Having a Clear Goal is Key to High Performance
- Who Todd Thanks for His Success
Today’s episode is sponsored by Rise25 Media, where our mission is to connect you with your best referral partners, clients, and strategic partners. We do this through our done for you business podcast solution and content marketing.
Along with my business partner Dr. Jeremy Weisz, we have over 18 years of experience with B2B podcasting, which is one of the best things you can do for your business and you personally.
If you do it right, a podcast is like a “Swiss Army Knife” – it is a tool that accomplishes many things at once. It can and will lead to great ROI, great clients, referrals, strategic partnerships, and more. It is networking and business development; and it is personal and professional development which doubles as content marketing.
A podcast is the highest and best use of your time and will save you time by connecting you to higher caliber people to uplevel your network.
To learn more, go to Rise25.com or email us at [email protected].
To learn more, book a call with us here.
Check out Rise25 to learn more about our done-for-you lead generation and done-for-you podcast services.
Welcome to the smart business revolution, revolution, revolution, revolution, Revolution, the revolution
the revolution going on right now.
Dush Ramachandran 0:14
Welcome to the Revolution, the smart business revolution podcast where we asked today’s most successful entrepreneurs to share the tools and strategies they use to build relationships and connections to grow their revenue. Now now, your host for the revolution. JOHN Corcoran.
John Corcoran 0:40
Alright, welcome everybody. My guest on the show is Todd Herman. He’s an author. He’s a performance advisor and an entrepreneur for 20 plus years. His training company Herman, performance systems has focused on helping achievers ambitious people, athletes, entrepreneurs, CEOs to really achieve wildly outrageous goals. While[continue to page 2]