Growth and transition in one’s career and personal life can be a very healthy and rewarding experience. It isn’t always an easy thing to accomplish and takes a determination which not everyone has.
Candice Galek makes it look easy. After establishing and maintaining a successful career as a model, she decided to grow as an entrepreneur into the eCommerce sphere and build a company from the ground up. Five years later, she has become one of the top influencers on the LinkedIn platform while overcoming prejudice and developing a socially-conscious brand with a large following.
A model-turned-entrepreneur, Candice Galek is a self-taught successful entrepreneur. After her LinkedIn profile went viral and became the most viewed in the world, she has gone on to be featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 and now has an INC column where she interviews influential business leaders.
In this episode, Candice Galek joins John to discuss her story, what made her want to be an entrepreneur, and why she wants to help the bee colonies in Puerto Rico.
In this episode, we also talk about:
Here’s a Glimpse of What You’ll Hear:
- Why Candice Decided to Grow From Being a Fashion Model to an eCommerce Juggernaut
- How Candice Leveraged Her Prior Business Connections When She Began Her New Business Journey
- The Dangers of Sourcing Products From China
- The Difficult Transition Between Careers
- The Steep Learning Curve of Starting a New Venture, and Why it Helps to Have Mentors
- How Candice Found Her Mentor
- Why Candice Chose to Focus on LinkedIn
- The Controversy Which Candice was a Part of on LinkedIn
- How LinkedIn Was an Integral Part of Candice’s Rise
- The Socially Conscious Mission of Bikini Luxe: Bee Colony Collapse in Puerto Rico, and How to Help the Island Recover
- Store-Bought Honey versus
- Who Candance Thanks For Her Success
Today’s episode is sponsored by Rise25 Media, where our mission is to connect you with your best referral partners, clients, and strategic partners. We do this through our done for you business podcast solution and content marketing.
Along with my business partner Dr. Jeremy Weisz, we have over 18 years of experience with B2B podcasting, which is one of the best things you can do for your business and you personally.
If you do it right, a podcast is like a “Swiss Army Knife” – it is a tool that accomplishes many things at once. It can and will lead to great ROI, great clients, referrals, strategic partnerships, and more. It is networking and business development; and it is personal and professional development which doubles as content marketing.
A podcast is the highest and best use of your time and will save you time by connecting you to higher caliber people to uplevel your network.
To learn more, go to Rise25.com or email us at [email protected].
To learn more, book a call with us here.
Check out Rise25 to learn more about our done-for-you lead generation and done-for-you podcast services.