Today, he’s asked to speak at events all over the world, has written multiple books, and works with personal brands and business to optimize their online personal and company brands with emerging technologies, content, social media technologies and digital marketing.
In this episode, we also talk about:
- Why Jeff Decided to Start a Blog in 2009
- How Jeff’s Blog Caused Him to Get Slowly Fired from His Corporate Job
- What About Social Media Caused Jeff to Create a Blog About It?
- How the Original Version of Social Media is Slowly Disappearing
- Should You Focus All Your Efforts on One Platform?
- The Importance of Converting Social Media Traffic Into “Owned” Traffic
- Jeff’s Tactics for Growing His Email List by 80,000 in 5 Months
- The Importance of Validation for Staying Motivated
- What Excites Jeff About the Future of Social Media?
- Who Jeff Thanks for His Success
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
This episode is sponsored today by Rise25 Inner Circle… Rise25 is an exclusive, application-only accountability and group coaching program for professional services entrepreneurs running 6, 7 and 8 figure businesses who want to scale up, and shift from “one to one” client work to “one to many.”
Rise25 Inner Circle was founded by my business partner, Dr. Jeremy Weisz and myself… every few months, at 4-star luxury properties, we bring together like-minded entrepreneurs who come from client-serving backgrounds and they want to make the shift from chasing clients to having large groups of clients and buyers chasing them.
What makes these events different from any other events you’ve seen for entrepreneurs is we bring in our “Sherpas” – 8 and 9 figure entrepreneurs who are there the full time, in the retreat room providing feedback. Think of the Sharks from “Shark Tank” except they only give out advice rather than investment.
Then we back up those live in-person retreats with ongoing, regular accountability and group coaching – so you are guaranteed to turn inspiration into action.