Steve Sims will be the first person to say he’s a little intimidating.
He’s a really big guy, he’s got a shaved head, and a huge goatee – and even his eyebrow is pierced like a pirate.
He looks kind of like a construction worker or a big beefy bouncer outside of some big nightclub or maybe an MMA fighter… and in fact, he’s actually been all 3 of those in his life.
But in spite of his appearances – or perhaps because of it – he has built an amazing business.
He’s the founder of Bluefish luxury concierge – a high-end private concierge service that provides once in a lifetime experiences for its affluent and celebrity members.
You wouldn’t think someone with Steve’s background would start a luxury concierge business, which is what’s so fascinating about him.
Now what’s so special about a concierge service? Well any old concierge service can get people concert tickets or restaurant reservations. But what Bluefish specializes in is getting his members amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that it seems no amount of money can buy.
For example – Steve has gotten his clients to:
- Fly supersonic military jet flights in Russia
- Dive down in a submarine in the Atlantic Ocean to view the wreck of the Titanic
Flying into space up to the international space station
- Walk the red carpet at the Grammys or the Oscars in the same entourage as famous celebrities
He has arranged a wedding at the Vatican
- He has arranged for a client to have dinner in a table set up right in front of the Statue of David by Michelangelo in Florence Italy.
You name it, he’s made it happen.
In this episode, I ask Steve:
- How does he manage relationships with the rich and famous?
- How does he create access to places and experiences that most people would think are off-limits?
- How does he get people to pay him $5,000/year to provide these services?
He has some great actionable tips in this interview which I think will inspire you, such as:
- Never be afraid to pick up the phone
- If you don’t get the answer you want, say a very polite thank you very much, hang up and try again
- Why he says if you want insane results, you need to get people to buy into the passion of what you’re trying to do
- AND he says you should go out tomorrow and do something that scares the crap out of you – I think that’s great advice.
This episode of the Smart Business Revolution podcast is brought to you by Aweber email marketing software.
I’ve been using Aweber for a number of years now and I can say Aweber is one of the biggest engines behind my growth.
As my email list has grown, there is a direct correlation to my business revenue increasing. It allows me to communicate and build relationships at scale. It has diversified my revenue and my revenue is increasing.
Right now they have a completely free trial so you can try it out free for 30 days.
Go to Aweber and set up your free 30-day trial today.
Resources from this Episode: