Dorie is an author, former Presidential campaign spokesperson, former journalist and a speaker.
I’ve had Dorie on this podcast before to talk about her previous book, Reinventing You
Now I am welcoming her back and we talk about her latest book Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It.
Dorie has become a good friend and a collaborator and she was incredibly kind to profile me in the new book Stand Out alongside authors Dan Pink, David Allen, Robert Cialdini, and the celebrity chef Rachel Ray people who have much bigger platforms than my own.
So it was an honor just to be mentioned alongside these very successful influencers.
In this interview, we talk about:
- What Dorie learned interviewing 50 thought leaders
- Some of the myths about building your reputation as an expert
- The importance of asking different questions and being open to questioning assumptions
- The myth of becoming an overnight success
- How to find your big idea that can rocket you to a larger reputation in your field.
- How to distinguish yourself with a niche strategy using a thinly sliced area of focus.
Go grab a copy of Dorie’s book I highly recommend it.