Jordan Harbinger is a former Wall Street lawyer turned men’s charm expert. Yes, you read that right. You don’t hear that combination every day. But once you hear him speak, you see why Jordan ended up where he did.
Today, Jordan runs the Art of Charm podcast and Art of Charm bootcamps, both of which help — in their words — “men to crush it in business and in life.” What started as a hobby has turned into a thriving and wildly successful business. In fact, the Art of Charm consistently ranks in the top 100 itunes podcasts, alongside mainstream media shows put out by ESPN, NPR and CBS.
I’m ashamed to say that I hadn’t heard of the Art of Charm podcast when one of Jordan’s listeners introduce us, thinking that I would be a good guest for the show. Jordan has been kind enough to have me on twice now, and we clicked from the very beginning. He’s become a good friend. In this interview, we discuss:
- the difference between upstream and downstream relationships
- the “Layover Rule” and how it might affect the next job you interview for
- how you can “print social currency” and why that’s more important than actual currency
- how to punch above your weight class and what that means for building relationships in business
- AND we talk about why he wore a kangaroo suit to swanky bars and clubs for 10 nights straight and what he learned about social dynamics from that experience. You won’t want to miss that story!
As always, enjoy this one.