How Smart Business Revolution can help you
If you are an entrepreneur or business owner looking for down-to-earth advice on how to grow a business in a strategic, time-effective and business-savvy way, you are in the right place.
We focus on business fundamentals here, and spending more of our time doing the right things and less time doing the wrong things.
Here you will find:
- How to instructional articles answering common questions from entrepreneurs and business owners, such as what is the right legal entity form for your business, what is trademark infringement, and how to pick a new business name that’s legal and doesn’t suck.
- Lessons for entrepreneurs, interviews with successful business owners and case studies on successful businesses.
- Non-boring legal tips aimed at entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- John’s adventures in entrepreneurship, with a sharp focus on how you can use his successes (and failures!), experiments, and lessons to improve your business.
- A collection of audio podcast interviews and webinars with entrepreneurs and business owners with specific tips such as how to build and sell a business, how to use email marketing to double sales, how to use virtual assistants in your business, and how to use savvy financial planning for your business.
- Fresh content added regularly.
Join 6,000+ monthly readers who get free and valuable business and legal advice.
About John Corcoran
Smart Business Revolution is published by John Corcoran, who has worked in Hollywood, at the White House, as a Speechwriter to the Governor of California, and is now an attorney and new Dad.
John first started writing content for the web before the term “blogging” had caught on — back in 1998. Smart Business Revolution began in an earlier incarnation in 2008.
Small Business Attorney
John is an attorney and small business advisor with the Corcoran Law Firm outside of San Francisco, where he helps entrepreneurs, business owners and real estate investors be successful and avoid or resolve disputes.
Earlier in his career, John worked for a law firm in the heart of Silicon Valley, across the street from eBay. During this time, he represented numerous high-tech companies such as iPhone and web-based software developers in intellectual property disputes including trademark and copyright infringement actions.
He has also worked as a public affairs consultant, working with various private sector clients, political candidates, and local governments, including as a consultant to the County of Marin on the successful effort to establish the Marin Energy Authority.
The White House and Governor’s Office
Earlier in his career, John served in the White House during the Clinton Administration as a Writer in the Office of Presidential Letters and Messages.
He later served as a Speechwriter and Press Aide in the Office of the Governor in Sacramento during the Davis Administration, and as Senior Adviser to the Chair of the California State Board of Equalization (BOE).
During the California energy crisis, he was instrumental in the creation of the award-winning Flex Your Power energy conservation campaign.
These days, he’s mostly hung up his political hat. Although he does vote, he’ll have you know.
You can read his formal, more stuffy bio here.
That’s why Smart Business Revolution is a member of 1 Percent For the Planet, an international nonprofit organization that asks its members to donate 1 percent of their revenues to environmental causes.
Our #1 goal is to help entrepreneurs and business owners to succeed. But our larger goal is to do this work as a citizen of the world, to give back to the rest of humanity and to help care for our planet and deliver it to future generations.
We actively solicit recommendations throughout the year of worthy environmental groups deserving of our donations. Please feel free to contact us if you have a special environmental group you wish to recommend.
John may be reached at email@example.com or (415) 935-1285.