I’m looking for an executive assistant who can devote 25-35 hours/week to helping me stay focused on my business. Most of the work can be done remotely, although I give preference to someone in the U.S. and more specifically the pacific time zone. I am based outside of San Francisco.
Weekly duties include 15 hours of virtual/personal assisting, 5-10 hours of customer service for my website, and 5 hours of basic bookkeeping for my business.
The major responsibilities include the following:
- Calendar Management – handle booking appointments and interviews, changing appointments with me
- Email – handle responding to emails, scheduling requests, podcast interview requests
- Customer Service – handle billing, lost passwords, and general inquiries for my website
- Light Bookkeeping – handle financial tracking for the business
- Personal Assistant – you must be OK with helping to take personal items off my to-do list, such as researching vacation details or helping with family details
I’m looking for someone who is smart, organized, upbeat and trustworthy. Because you will be responding to emails sent directly to me, I need someone who is positive, enthusiastic and “warm” via email. I always want people who interact with me (or someone on my behalf) to have a positive experience.
It is really helpful if you are familiar with the work I do here at Smart Business Revolution and if you have read my 52-page ebook, listened to my podcast, or watched one of my webinars. You will need to be very familiar with my work to do this job.
NOTE: This is not an entry-level position. You MUST have at least 1+ years experience with a C-Level executive. You should be familiar with blogs, WordPress, research, and email (I use Aweber). I don’t need you to have a ton of technical knowledge – I have other people who can handle that.
You must be a full-time freelancer (i.e., not have another full-time job). I would like for this to move into a full time position as I get busier so I am looking for someone who is interested in moving into full time if possible.
This is an independent contract position and I will pay you a flat hourly rate. Please provide me with your salary requirements.
How I hire
If you’re chosen as a finalist, I’ll email you a detailed task to do (and pay you for your time). This might seem overboard for a hiring process, but this helps me find the single-best person for the job.
Also, I may have you take the Kolbe test, which helps to identify people’s strengths. Again, I will pay you for your time and pay for the test.
Thanks for understanding.
- Please start by telling me more about yourself here.
- Please email me your resume to johncorcoran [at] gmail [dot] com. No need to send a cover letter. Please use the title “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Also, use the word “Eggplant” at the beginning of your email so I know you read all of these instructions.