Introducing the Business Critique & Evaluation.
The Business Critique & Evaluation is a quick, 60-minute checkup for your business.
Q: How Does It Work?
A: I will meet with you via Skype video or phone call for a 60 minute session to discuss, diagnose and identify any legal and business barriers you are struggling with right now.
We will also give you the order of priority for various fixes so you know what you need to focus on.
Our advice will likely touch on legal issues, systems, marketing, employee and independent contractor issues, partnership issues, branding, and social media.
In addition to identifying legal issues, our business advice is based on the teachings and research of top business thought leaders such as Jim Collins (author of Good to Great, Built to Last), Dan Pink (author of Drive, A Whole New Mind), Michael E. Gerber (author of The E-Myth) and Chris Brogan and Julien Smith (authors of Trust Agents and The Impact Equation), among others.
See below for the two options for method of delivery.
John is a great attorney for providing strategic advice – going beyond the Ts and Cs, and really understanding the business issues at stake. John provided astute legal and business advice, but understood the importance of compromise, flexibility, and creative “win-win” solutions in a situation such as a start up. I highly recommend John. — Shep Maher
What kinds of businesses would benefit from the Business Critique & Evaluation?
- The Business Critique & Evaluation is designed for small businesses, from a sole proprietor up to 20 employees.
- Service-based businesses will benefit the most, but produced-based businesses could benefit as well.
- Business owners who are tired, frustrated, fed up, or stuck in the mud.
- Businesses that aren’t making the money they should.
- Businesses that are looking for an expanded online presence or to get started with social media.
I’m a small business attorney in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’ve worked with just about every kind of small business. One of the great things about being a lawyer to small businesses is I get an inside view of everything – and I see what works and what doesn’t work.
I also have a background in politics/communications so I approach things a bit differently from your typical lawyer. I understand the political game and the role politics plays in many businesses.
I write frequently about entrepreneurship at Huffington Post and at my blog, Smart Business Revolution.
Here are a few of the different kinds of businesses I have worked with:
- an emergency services consulting firm
- a boutique advertising agency
- a wine distributor
- a swim school
- an executive compensation consulting firm
- iphone app developers
- a commercial photography studio
- a new and used car lot
- an online printing business which allows customers to print photographs on large canvases
- a “deal a day” wine sale website
- angel investors
- a pet care services business
- a nanny placement agency
- a financial consulting firm
- a CPA firm
Although I practice law in California,* I have lived throughout the U.S., including in Massachusetts and Washington D.C.
Two Methods of Delivery
We offer two different methods of delivering your critique.The two methods include:
- We will meet with you one-on-one for 60 minutes either in person at our offices in San Rafael, California, or over the phone, or via Skype. OR:
- We will record a video critique and post it on this blog, which gives you the benefit of extra exposure from readers of this blog. You may also get some great suggestions from other readers!
“John and I met to discuss how to market, develop and grow my small business. John came well-prepared, having done his research. He had reviewed my business website and had a thorough list of suggestions on-hand. His background and experience was very apparent, and he is wise in his broad and varied knowledge.”
– Susannah Bothe, Susannah Bothe Photography
Where Can I Sign Up?
Glad you asked! You can sign up below. Simply click on the “Buy Now” button below, pay the $295 fee, and we will be in touch. If you have any questions, you can send them via this contact form.
* John Corcoran is licensed to practice law in the State of California only. For customers who are located outside of the state of California, our discussion may include federal law and general legal and business principles but not the specifics of other state laws.
Still have questions? Email us your questions using our contact form.