John Ruhlin grew up a self-proclaim “poor farm boy” and by the time he was in college, he was well on his way to becoming the #1 distributor (out of 1.5 million!) in Cutco’s history.
He’s since launched his own company where he creates gifting strategies and packages for the world’s largest companies and professional sports teams.
In this episode, we also talk about:
- Why John Starting Selling Knives for Cutco
- When John Learned Relationships are Key in Sales
- How John Had a Team of People Working for Him in College
- John’s Tactics for Connecting with Several Major Sports Franchises
- Why You Should Spend More on Gifts Than You Do on Dinner for Clients
- Are You Marketing or Building Relationships?
- John’s Recommended Companies for Gifts
- How John Used Suits to Land a VIP Client
- Common Corporate Gift Giving Mistakes
- Who Does John Thank for His Success?
This episode is sponsored today by Rise25 Inner Circle… Rise25 is an exclusive, application-only accountability and group coaching program for professional services entrepreneurs running 6, 7 and 8 figure businesses who want to scale up, and shift from “one to one” client work to “one to many.”
Rise25 Inner Circle was founded by my business partner, Dr. Jeremy Weisz and myself… every few months, at 4-star luxury properties, we bring together like-minded entrepreneurs who come from client-serving backgrounds and they want to make the shift from chasing clients to having large groups of clients and buyers chasing them.
What makes these events different from any other events you’ve seen for entrepreneurs is we bring in our “Sherpas” – 8 and 9 figure entrepreneurs who are there the full time, in the retreat room providing feedback. Think of the Sharks from “Shark Tank” except they only give out advice rather than investment.
Then we back up those live in-person retreats with ongoing, regular accountability and group coaching – so you are guaranteed to turn inspiration into action.